Tips on Proposal Essay Topics, Make Your Studies Easier
Many students realize quite clearly that in their proposal essay they need to set up some problem and then to offer a grounded solution explaining its outcomes. But they have trouble generating topics for proposal essay since they doubt their ability to develop a fresh and correct solution to global problems. But actually, they are not required to solve any global issues, at least until they want to. And they are not expected to provide entirely innovative solutions, while some problems can have no correct or incorrect solutions at all. Ideas for writing a proposal essay can be found everywhere, and we are going to show you how it really works.
How to Find Interesting Proposal Essay Topics
When searching for an appropriate topic, consider several aspects:
- What is the subject you are writing for? Oftentimes, proposal essays are assigned to check your general academic writing skills, but sometimes they can be a part of your home task in certain sciences.
- What is your audience? Sure, your paper will be read by your tutor, but no two tutors are alike. While one tutor may be happy with an essay on a minor or funny issue (like how to make your cat not to pee in your shoes), the other won't appreciate your joke.
- Consider practical problems associated with your everyday life - family, friends, hobbies, city you live in and so on. That can give you a good clue, and problem solution can turn out to be self-explanatory.
Good Proposal Argument Essay Topics
Actually, you can stumble across good proposal essay topics just by studying your college environment with a critical and analytical mind. Think of things you dislike about your college (curriculum, campus life, grading system and so on), choose a topic applicable to the audience and subject you are writing for and develop a solution of the problem. Here are some examples:
- How to reorganize the existing recycling system on campus to make it more eco-friendly?
- Tools to adopt in college to prevent bullying.
- How can we improve the current testing system?
- How to promote healthier lifestyle at the college?
- Should colleges offer online classes for students' flexibility?
The examples show that within your college life you can address issues associated with various subjects, as well as with major social problems.
Persuasive Proposal Essay Topics
Since the primary purpose of your essay is to convince the audience that you have an adequate solution to the problem set up, it makes sense to choose less challenging topics, which don't require much invention. Think of something like the following:
- Should marijuana be legalized for medical purposes?
- How to make large companies stop lying about their products to the consumers?
- What measures can be taken to reduce the death toll in alcohol-related car accidents?
- How to help home-schooled students to learn more effectively?
- Is there any way to make our city more pedestrian and bicycle-friendly?
The trick is that topics like these are widely discussed, and so you can easily find ready-made solutions and persuasive arguments to support them.
Proposal Essay Environmental Topics
Topics associated with nature and environment are hot, and that's why they are great for your proposal essay. The more so that environmental issues affect various sides of our life, and therefore there is a wide range of topics for students with different interests.
- What can we change in gasoline consumption and associated emissions level?
- A responsible attitude to pets.
- What methods can replace the radical protests of hardcore environmentalists?
- Steps everyone can take to prevent global warming as climate change.
- How to improve animal rights protection in our city?
Since many environmental issues have a global nature, make sure to narrow your topic to one or a couple specific proposals and their grounding.
Problem Solution Proposal Essay Topics
A lot of students start from searching for a topic and then rack their brains over arriving at a compelling solution. Try a different approach and think of solutions, which have come to your mind recently in connection with some problem you have discussed or heard being discussed. Some topics of great current interest are:
- How can we help the homeless alternatively to government assistance?
- Steps parents should take to protect their children from cyber-bullying.
- Is there any perspective to concealed weapons carried by teachers to protect students in colleges?
- What measures can reduce obesity in youth?
- Is there an option to "Mexico border wall" to deal with illegal immigration?
Modest Proposal Essay Topics
While some students are looking for intricate topics in hopes that this sophisticated approach will bring them "А," others can uphold the opposite view, choosing a modest topic, which is easy to elaborate on. Think of problems that can have simple, but well-founded solutions instead of having bees in the brains.
- Ways to relieve psychological stress and relax during one's term in college.
- How to motivate employees apart from paying salaries?
- Measures to prevent teen pregnancy.
- How to improve college sports venues to attract more youngsters?
- Should the existing state laws be changed to encourage safe driving habits in minors?
Now you have plenty of topics covering multiple fields to choose the best one for you.